Do you need some great gift ideas for the essential oil lovers in your life?
Regardless of the occasion, rest assured that your friend will be delighted to receive essential oils or accessories that they can add to their collection of goodies.
So, when is it appropriate to gift essential oil-related items?
- Special occasion
- Retirement or job promotion
- Get well soon
- Congratulatory gift for any occasion
In short, we who love essential oils will never turn down new oils or accessories!
Essential oils make an appropriate gift for any–and every–occasion!Essential Oil Pros
And, if you think you need to be crafty to gift essential oils, don’t worry. While many of us love squeezing the creative juices, er…oils, others prefer to purchase gifts from Amazon or other online retailers.
You’ll find plenty of pre-made items online, so I’ll cite the old adage and tell you to let your heart serve as your guide.
Essential Oil Gift Ideas (From the Store)
If you prefer to leave the crafting to someone else, you will find many fantastic essential oil gift ideas online. We scoured the internet and assembled some suggestions for you.
Here are some of our top picks.
#1 – Diffuser Necklace
Your friend or loved one will love to receive an essential oil diffuser necklace. We particularly love this one from Oil About You Handmade Jewelry and available on etsy.
The wearer inserts a fragrance pad scented with a few drops of oil into the charm and enjoys her favorite fragrance all day long.
And, it also comes with a gift box, ready to wrap and give.
There are many diffuser necklaces and bracelets available online, so feel free to shop around for the one that you know your friend will adore.
#2 – Essential Oil Organizer and Journal
Those who love essential oils as much as we do will identify with this statement. There comes a time when you have too many sticky notes containing your favorite EO recipes and notes about fragrances.
You can help your favorite essential oil enthusiast corral that paperwork with the Plant Therapy Essential Oil Organizer and Journal.
The soft blue, pu leather cover will resist oil smears. The five divided sections will allow diligent record keeping and provide space for many notes and essential oil recipes.
This will be a winner of a gift.
#3 – Plush Essential Oil Diffuser for Children
Don’t forget that little ones benefit from essential oils, too! And, you can treat them to a stuffed toy that doubles as a plush diffuser.
For example, this stuffed animal named Coco is available from Plant Therapy. Coco has a secret compartment where parents can insert a diffuser cartridge.
Children inhale the aroma as they snuggle with their new friend.
#4 – Bamboo Essential Oil Burner
If your essential oil lovers like clean, contemporary home decor, consider the Bamboo Essential Oil Burner by Grove Collaborative.
They can add essential oil and distilled water to the reservoir, light a tealight candle, and diffuse their preferred oils with this stylish piece of artwork.
Plus, it comes with a gift box for easy wrapping.
#5 – Sending Good Vibes Gift Box
Need to send someone a get well gift or a way to pamper themselves?
We found the Sending Good Vibes gift box by Peace Organics on etsy. You can choose the fragrance theme that you think your friend will enjoy, and they send out the box for you. Easy gifting.
#6 – Personalized Essential Oil Diffuser
Place your gift recipient’s name or mantra on this ultrasonic essential oil diffuser for a thoughtful, personal gift from Personalization Mall.
The bamboo material offers a contemporary feeling and the personal touch can be a name, phrase, or graphic that represents your essential oil lover’s personality.
The diffuser creates therapeutic mist and has a colorful light which your loved one will enjoy.
#7 – Essential Oil Purse
Some essential oil lovers don’t leave home without their EO’s. Does this sound like your friend or family member?
If so, think about giving them an essential oil purse. This is a a stylish handbag with special elastic loops inside to tote oil bottles carefully without spills or breakage.
The handbag is chic and stylish. And, the convenient EO compartments will mean no more ugly zip-top plastic bags to stash inside her purse!
#8 – Essential Oil Carousel
Essential oil lovers often run into a unique challenge. Where do they store all those cute little bottle safely?
End the cluttered drawers and dribbles of oil out of turned over bottles by giving your friend the gift of an essential oil carousel.
We especially like this one from Doubtless Bay on Amazon. The wood is varnished to clean up easily. And, it features three tiers with slots sized to accommodate different sized EO bottles. So smart!
#9 – Essential Oil Zippered Storage Case
Continuing on the storage theme, we love this essential oils zippered storage case from Amazon.
It holds 79 bottles and also includes space for storing accessories. And, it includes a pack of labels that allow the essential oil enthusiast to indicate which oil is inside the bottle without handling every bottle to read the label.
The black fabric and vibrant purple piping make this essential oil storage case a chic storage option.
#10 – Bottle Cap Labels
Do you need a smaller, more budget-friendly gift? For an ideal token gift, consider giving your friend Bottle Cap Labels.
Bottle cap labels allow the recipient to organize their EO bottles by placing a sticker on the lid. This convenience allows them to see what each bottle contains without searching through every bottle in the collection.
This set that we found on Amazon contains 6 sheets of 104 labels each, for a grand total of 624 bottle labels. It’s a tremendous deal!
#11 – Set of 5 Monq Pen Blends
Do you know someone who loves using the Monq personal diffuser like this one?
Treat them to a set of five terpene pen blends to refill their diffuser. You can mix and match the set to suit your friend’s personality.
So, whether they use essential oils to fight inflammation or stress, you can find a Monq terpene pen blend that will be perfect.
#12 – Aromatherapy Bracelet
Essential oil aficionados always appreciate a piece of aromatherapy jewelry. We found this affordable aromatherapy bracelet on Amazon.
You can choose from different colors of bands, and it comes with 8 aromatherapy pads in a rainbow of colors. She will be able to match it to any outfit.
#13 – Glass Bottle Kit
If the person you’re purchasing for uses essential oils for everything from cleaning to hygiene, they will adore this large set of amber glass bottles.
The amber color is significant because it helps protect the oils from breaking down from exposure to sunlight. And, the large set includes bottles for almost any purpose (cleaning, misting, roll-ons), bottle brushes, funnels and even labels.
#14 – Essential Oil T-shirt
Everyone loves t-shirts, and your friend will understand a funny essential oil pun right away. This is the perfect gift for a quirky person with a great sense of humor.
We found this t-shirt on etsy and fell in love with it.
#15 – CPAP Essential Oil Adapter with Pads
Does your loved one use a CPAP for sleeping? Amplify the therapeutic benefits by offering them an essential oil adapter that attaches to their mask.
This adapter is easy to hook to the CPAP unit and comes with a refillable felt pad. Give them the gift of aromatherapy as they sleep with this CPAP Essential Oil Adapter from gotoilsupplies.
#16 – Beard Oil and Beard Balm Set
Essential oils are not just for the ladies! Many men also prefer natural hygiene products and enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy.
Here’s proof of that point–the Plant Therapy beard oil and beard balm set. Packaged to appeal to men, the essential oils soften and condition facial hair and the skin underneath while smelling “manly.”
#17 – WiFi Ultrasonic Diffuser
If you are searching for gifts for essential oil lovers, the chances are great your friend already has a diffuser. However, they might not have a diffuser quite like this!
This ultrasonic diffuser from Amazon is WiFi or manually controlled and compatible with Alexa. The user can use voice control, set timers, and control the mist output from an app.
This is too cool to leave off this list.
DIY Gifts for Essential Oil Lovers
If you love crafting or want to pamper your loved ones with your homemade essential oil “recipes,” you can opt to create DIY gifts for essential oil lovers.
This option is particularly effective for family members and close friends whose preferences and needs you understand fully.
With just a few moments of time, you can offer them a unique treat.
#18 – Honey and Lemon Essential Oil Lip Scrub
If your friend struggles with dry, flaky, or chapped lips, whip up a batch of this honey and lemon essential oil lip scrub.
They will see improvement if they use it once daily by massaging into the lips then tissue it off.
Here’s how this scrub benefits them. The sugar exfoliates, the jojoba oil softens, the honey prevents infection, and the lemon leaves the lips refreshed.
How to make a 1 oz. tin of Honey and Lemon Lip Scrub
- Gather supplies:
- 1 oz. tin (I bought a big box of stainless steel lip balm tins from Amazon)
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 3 tsp. white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. jojoba oil (the pale gold color is great paired with lemon oil, aesthetically)
- 3 or 4 drops of lemon essential oil
- Mix the sugar, honey, jojoba oil, and lemon essential oil in a glass bowl.
- Spoon the scrub into the tin.
- Create a label or hang tag.
#19 – Assemble a DIY Essential Oil Gift Basket
We found the most adorable essential oil gift basket while researching this blog post. This basket would be a perfect way to spoil someone you love.
It contains three bottles of essential oils, fuzzy socks to wear around the house, homemade bath fizzies, and essential oil room spray.
I plan to use this idea myself!
#20 – Lavender Infused Rice Bag Neck Pillow
A rice bag is a fantastic way to soothe sore muscles. Crafting a rice bag neck pillow and adding lavender essential oil that will release fragrance when warmed is a very thoughtful gift.
This project takes very basic sewing skills. I made this one in under 15 minutes.
Plus–if you love to sew–then you know you have a hoard of unused fabric on hand, so this is a very affordable gift. This DIY gives you a great reason to use up some cute fabrics.
How to Make a DIY Lavender Infused Rice Bag Neck Pillow
- Gather your supplies. You need:
- 15×20 piece of fabric
- matching thread
- five-pound bag of rice
- hook and loop for closure
- Iron your fabric the long way with the “right sides” together. Leave one end open.
- Turn down the open end and finish the edge.
- Sew in the hook and loop.
- Pour the five pounds of rice into the bag.
- Add 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil and close the bag securely with the hook and loop closure. You can permanently sew in the rice, but I wanted my friend to be able to add essential oils or refresh the rice.
I made this essential oil rice bag for an elderly neighbor who is a retired baker. I had the cupcake fabric left from pillows I sewed when my daughter (who’s now an adult), was nine years old. I told you I’m a fabric hoarder!
#21 – Insect Repellent Bracelet
Have you ever tried those mosquito repellent wristbands? They work fairly effectively, but only for a very short time. And, they aren’t very cute, either.
I live in North Carolina, and we have enormous mosquitoes. The insect repellent industry thrives in our neck of the woods!
If you want to give a gift to an outdoor enthusiast (or a southerner like me), you can’t go wrong with one of these insect repelling bracelets.
Remember your summer camp days, when you spent rainy afternoons braiding paracord into jewelry? Harness those skills, and you can make one of these DIY gifts for essential oil lovers.
How to Make a DIY Insect Repellent Bracelet
- Get your materials together. Here’s what you need:
- Two colors of paracord
- A plastic buckle
- A lighter to fuse the ends of the cord
- 1/8 cup of witch hazel
- 4 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- First, make your paracord bracelet using whatever knots you can remember from arts and crafts time. Remember to fuse the end of the paracord so it does not fray.
- Mix the witch hazel and essential oils in a shallow bowl.
- Place the bracelet into the bowl and let it soak up the oils. It’s ready to give once it air dries.
Include a “recipe card” for the gift recipient so they can “reload” the bracelet whenever it’s needed.
#22 – DIY Essential Oil Floral Bathing Salts Set
What’s more pampering a gift than a nice jar of bathing salts? A set of three jars!
I found this adorable set of mason jars with a caddy on Amazon recently–at a closeout price. I purchased several to keep on hand for gift giving.
I also thought of adding a chalkboard sticker to label the contents. My sister and mother tend to send back empty jars for “refills” when they run out. If I change up the fragrance, it’s a matter of erasing the label.
How to Make DIY Essential Oil Bathing Salts
- Grab your supplies. To make three sets of bathing salts, you need:
- 3 cups of coarse sea salt
- 3 cups of Epsom salt
- 3/4 cup of baking soda
- chalkboard stickers
- 20 drops of three essential oil fragrances. I chose relaxing floral scents for the set pictured–rose, lavender, and ylang-ylang essential oil.
- three small mixing bowls
- 3 one-pint jars with lids
- In each of the three mixing bowls, place one cup each of sea salt and Epsom salt and 1/4 cup of baking soda.
- Add 20 drops of essential oils of your preference per mixing bowl. While I used a single note fragrance for each one, go wild and create a custom blend if you wish.
- Should you wish to mix in dyes, now’s the time. I choose not to do so, as I don’t want the impurities.
- Carefully scoop the salts from the bowls into the jars.
- Affix the chalkboard stickers to the front of the jars and write the fragrance name.
I chose florals for relaxation for this gift set, as the person I gave it to is dealing with some anxiety right now–it was actually a little present just to cheer her up.
Of course, you may customize your salts to suit the needs of your friend.
#23 – DIY Roll On Fragrance for Him
Want to make a custom-blended fragrance for Him or Her? Look no further than your essential oils, and tailor a custom-blended roll on fragrance.
Roll-ons are especially useful for men or women who travel often–it’s a great way to try them out!
Choose fragrances that are not overly floral, and you’ll create a unisex fragrance.
How to Make DIY Roll On Fragrance for Him or Her
- Get your materials ready. You need:
- Roll on bottle
- Sunflower oil
- 3 Essential oils (I used lemon, clary sage, and peppermint for a brighter fragrance)
- Carefully remove the roller top from your fragrance vial and set aside.
- Add 20 to 26 drops of essential oil, blending as you wish. I wanted a “summer” fragrance, so I used 12 drops of lemon essential oil, 8 drops of clary sage essential oil, and 4 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Carefully top off with sunflower oil.
- Replace the cap.
- Make a label or hang tag.
#24 – Healing Hand and Body Salve
Practically anyone can use a fantastic hand and body salve. Whether your friend is an avid gardener, lives in a cold environment, or washes their hands frequently, dry hands are uncomfortable.
A healing Hand and Body Salve is always well-received. I made this one in lavender fragrance. Not only will it soothe chapped skin in the winter, but it will also help calm mosquito bites in the summer because of the lavender essential oil.
How to Make Lavender Hand and Body Salve
- Grab the necessary supplies. Here’s what you need to make six 2 ounce tins of hand salve:
- 2 oz tins or jars
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (the semi-solid in the jar, not the fractionated oil in a bottle)
- 1/4 cup of shea butter
- 1/4 cup of beeswax pellets
- 8 drops of lavender essential oil
- Melt the coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax over indirect heat in a double boiler until it melts.
- Add the lavender essential oil and stir.
- Pour into 6 of the 2 oz tins; let them sit in one place until they cool and harden back up.
- Create a label or tag for the tins.
Remember that coconut oil liquefies when it gets too warm, so be certain to store these in a cool place–and let your friend know this, too!
#25 – Lemongrass and Lavender Essential Oil Muscle Relief Cream
They say that the best gifts are the ones you’d want to receive for yourself.
This essential oil muscle relief cream is one of those items. I’m a runner, and often get muscle fatigue when I’ve overdone it.
I hate the medicinal muscle creams from the drugstore. They are stinky and actually burn my skin.
Instead, I turn to lemongrass and lavender essential oils, two fresh fragrances that alleviate muscle fatigue.
You’ll see in the recipe I also throw in a splash of Vitamin E–might as well nourish the skin cells while I’m at it! I store it in the fridge and it feels great going onto the skin after a post-workout shower.
I’m confident that any athletes or people who work physically challenging jobs will appreciate this cream. The lemongrass keeps this from being “too floral,” making it appropriate for either women or men.
How to Make Lemongrass and Lavender Essential Oil Muscle Relief Cream
- Have your supplies ready. You need:
- 8.5 oz to 10 oz jar with a lid (I purchased this one from a craft store)
- 1 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 8 oz. of extra virgin coconut oil (semi-solid, not the fractionated oil)
- 15 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- Put the coconut oil in a glass, microwaveable container. I used a glass measuring cup.
- Cover the coconut oil and zap it in the microwave for 10-second intervals, until it gets runny. Literally, mine took 10 seconds, so don’t burn it.
- Quickly add in the Vitamin E and essential oils; stir.
- Pour this mixture into the 8.5 oz jar.
- Add a label or tag.
- Place in the refrigerator to set up. Store in the fridge for instant cooling; cold storage also help keep the coconut oil from becoming loose.
#26 – DIY Essential Oil Mason Jar Candles
Candles serve as an ideal all-occasion gift. But, did you know that many emit unsafe toxins as they burn?
Instead of buying a candle, make your own. It’s surprisingly easy to do!
And, you can customize essential oil fragrances to create a unique blend. Your friend will receive the benefits of essential oil without dangerous toxins.
How to Make DIY Essential Oil Mason Jar Candles
- Get all your supplies together. You need to have on hand:
- half-pint mason jar (narrow mouth jars will ensure the wick centering tool will fit correctly)
- essential oils of your choosing
- wick centering tool
- hot glue gun
- soy wax
- large glass measuring cup
- bamboo skewers (for stirring)
- Center your wick in the jar, secure it with a dab of hot glue, and feed it through the wick centering tool.
- Melt two to three cups of wax in the microwave in thirty-second rounds, until fully melted. You may also use a double boiler.
- Quickly add in 40-50 drops of essential oil. Yes, that sounds like a lot of precious oil. However, the fragrance will be too faint if you don’t use this amount.
- Pour the wax and essential oil mixture into the candle jar.
- Let the wax harden overnight, or place in the refrigerator. Trim the wick, and you are done!
#27 – DIY Lava Bead Bracelet
Lava bead bracelets are a current trend for men and women. The porous nature of the beads makes them an ideal medium for essential oil.
You can purchase a pre-made lava bead bracelet or make your own, then add a drop or two of essential oil.
Instead of written instructions on this one, I found this cool instructional video from Beadaholique, an online bead retailer.
These bracelets are trendy and can smell fabulous with very little effort!
#28 – Lime and Mint Foot Soak
Gifts for essential oil lovers can be very personal. Do you know someone who stands on their feet at work all day? They will adore this lime and mint foot soak.
Be sure to present it in a clear glass jar–it’s too pretty to hide in an amber container.
How to Make DIY Lime and Mint Foot Soak
- Prepare your work area with all your necessary ingredients:
- 2 cups of Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- the zest from one lime
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops of lime essential oil
- Combine your ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- Carefully spoon the foot soak into a jar.
I found the recipe for Lime and Mint Foot Soak on tidymom.net, and the tidy mom even included free printable labels for personal use.
#29 – Lemon Grass & Ylang Ylang Home Fragrance Spray
There’s something very practical to offer a family member a friend a home fragrance spray. This is one of those gifts for essential oil lovers that will be put to good use!
Home fragrance sprays are very expensive. And, they are usually the same old fragrances.
This lemon grass and ylang-ylang essential oil home fragrance spray has a tropical, floral lushness that transports you to the beaches of Southeast Asia.
The fragrance combo sets this one apart from the scents you’ll find in any store!
How to Make Lemongrass and Ylang-Ylang Home Fragrance Spray
- Gather your supplies. You need the following items:
- 8 oz spray bottle that has a fine mist
- 6 oz. distilled water
- 2 tbl of witch hazel
- 10 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil
- Mix the ingredients in the bottle and give it a shake.
- Affix a label.
This stuff smells amazing. I spritz my sheets and curtains with it. I also use it on my dusting rag and it leaves a wonderful aroma behind!
This gift makes an ideal housewarming present.
#30 – DIY Beard Oil
Yes, our list contained a previous store-bought beard oil.
However, I’m sure that once you see how easy it is to make this gift for essential oil lovers who happen to have beards, you’ll want to DIY this project for your special man.
The essential oils and carrier oils in this recipe help condition the skin under the beard as well as hydrate and add shine to the beard itself.
How to Make DIY Beard Oil from Essential Oils
- Get your supplies ready:
- 1/2 oz. Argan oil
- 1/4 oz. Jojoba oil
- 1/4 oz. sweet almond oil
- lavender essential oil (7 drops)
- rosemary essential oil (5 drops)
- cedarwood essential oil (3 drops)
- amber dropper bottle (you will find a large variety online)
- Combine the ingredients in a dropper bottle. Shake well and label.
It really can’t get much easier than that, can it?
Final Thoughts on Finding Gifts for Essential Oil Lovers
Remember that gift giving is an art. Always give careful consideration before you settle on a purchase.
The gift should reflect the recipient’s preferences, interests, and needs. If you are unsure of whether a super-personal gift is appropriate, you can still select a more general option.
After all, the old saying teaches us that it is the thought that really counts.